Join The Team
Become an AppSec Hero!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K Program
- Flexible hours to promote work-life balance
- Tools for real-time communication
- Cross-team collaboration
- Agile team structures
Come Work With Us!
Engineering Culture at ThreatX
Tom Hickman, ThreatX Chief Products Officer, describes what it's like to work on the ThreatX engineering team and his vision to scale it into a world class organization tasked with developing AppSec functionality to protect the web apps and APIs that run the world.
Working at ThreatX
Gene Fay, ThreatX Chief Executive Officer, shares the reasons he chose to join ThreatX and what it's like to work at one of the leaders in web application and API protection + bot protection + DDoS mitigation (WAAP++) companies.
Denver Metro/Boston Metro
First, a bit about us:
The ThreatX Platform is the only solution purpose-built to protect web applications and APIs from all threats–including DDoS attempts, BOT attacks, API abuse, exploitations of known vulnerabilities, and zero-day attacks. Our unique multi-layered detection capabilities allow us to accurately identify and profile malicious actors, and then block their traffic when suspicious activity crosses the threshold into malicious intent. The availability of our application security experts makes ThreatX easy to deploy and manage!
The ThreatX Platform is delivered as a managed service. Our technology doesn’t require fine-grained rule management—a major drawback of generation one WAF technology. Our customers chose us for greenfield development of new sites and applications, and to replace failed deployments from legacy NGWAF.
And it just works–our enviably low false positive rate leads our customers to repeatedly say I turned on ThreatX risk-based blocking and never looked back.
Now, let’s talk about you:
Do you dream in User Stories?
Do you do weighted-shortest-path-first analysis on your grocery shopping list?
Do you live to solve real security problems for real customers, in real time?
Then this might be the right job for you! The right candidate for our Product Management role will help establish product management as a core discipline at ThreatX. You’ll solicit and synthesize feedback from our customers, our SOC, our sales organization, industry analysts, and our executive team. You’ll turn all that into a well-structured backlog of “shovel-ready” prioritized user stories, and shepherd those stories through development and into Production.
Like most of the world, we are working remotely these days, so communication skills—both verbal and written—are critical. This role will be filled in our Metro-Denver headquarters (in Louisville, CO) or in Metro-Boston. For the right candidate, we will consider making this a completely remote position.
At ThreatX, we’re proud of our technology and our startup culture. The right candidate will need to have exemplary skills, a strong work ethic, and intrinsic motivation to thrive here. If you love what you do and want to join a team of people who are changing the world of application and API protection, drop us your resume.
The Product Manager will own:
- Requirements gathering (from customers, prospects, analysts, internal stakeholders).
- Product Beta program (recruitment, enrollment, feedback, response).
- User Story authorship and backlog management.
- Customer relationship building and management.
- Customer feedback accumulation and response.
- Product content and delivery for customer QBRs.
- Development of customer success stories and testimonials.
- Development of product release notes, sales training, and product collateral.
- Product positioning and in-product branding.
- Planning and refinement of product features and capabilities.
The Product Manager will collaborate and contribute to:
- Product roadmap development and documentation.
- Product backlog prioritization.
- Agile sprint planning.
- Product release process refinement.
- User personae development.
- Product Usability (UI/UX) refinement.
- Development of product demo and talk track.
- Analyst relations and briefings
- Win-loss analysis.
- Proof of Concept (PoC) process refinement
- Sales collatral and training development and delivery.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experiences, or character traits:
- Infectious enthusiasm and a drive to make customers successful and happy.
- Experienced building and delivering solutions in an Agile SDLC.
- Great communication skill (written, verbal, and presentation-mode).
- Experience in Development, Threat Hunting, Sales Engineering or CSM-role at a security industry ISV.
- Conversant in general operational security terms, technology, and frameworks.
- Training in Agile Scrum or Kanban preferred.
- Proficient with Atlassian Suite tools, Balsamiq (or similar UI wireframe tool).
- Experience leading or collaborating on UX/Usability Testing.
Denver Metro/Boston Metro
ThreatX is seeking talented and highly motivated candidates to fill a senior developer position in our development engineering team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development enhancement and operational support of major components of the ThreatX Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) Platform.
The position works with the existing core technology platform (including provisioning systems and realtime analysis and correlation engines, primarily written in Rust), the ThreatX web management and analytics dashboard (primarily written in React / TypeScript), and code-management / deployment tools (Git, Webpack, Cargo, etc.) to design, develop, test and deploy software to our production environment.
The ideal candidate must have excellent software development skills, a demonstrated ability to learn multiple development languages, and a keen understanding of security tools and techniques. This senior level role requires demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy designing, developing, and maintaining advanced modules within a large distributed system.
Like most of the world, we’re working remotely these days, so communication skills—both verbal and written—are critical.
At ThreatX we’re proud of our technology, and of our startup culture. The right candidate will need exemplary skills, a strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation to thrive here. If you love what you do and want to join a team of people who are changing the world of application and API protection, drop us a resume.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong (expert level) software engineering skills in web server or distributed systems applications using a language such as Rust, C/C++, Java, Golang, Node.js, Python, or similar.
- We’re a Rust shop, so candidates with excellent programming skills must be eager and willing to learn Rust. (We’ll help!).
- Experience writing and maintaining applications with significant document-oriented database interactions.
- We use MongoDB heavily here, so candidates must be eager and willing to ramp up in MongoDB. (We’ll help!)
- We’re a React shop,so candidates must be eager and willing to learn React too.(We’ll help!).
- Proven ability to learn and become productive in a new project quickly.
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in most or all of our technology stack – Rust, MongoDB, React, Docker.
- Secure coding expertise (OWASP).
- Knowledge of perimeter security products and solutions.
- Knowledge of malware analysis methods or experience in forensics and log analysis.
- Data science and machine learning experience.
- Network/socket programming knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of Windows/UNIX/Linux/Solaris operating systems and networking technology.
- Enhance product capabilities within ThreatX platform components.
- Ensure the timely design, development, test, and deployment of new components, as needed, to fulfill customer and market requirements.
- Share responsibility for the deployment, maintenance and tier-3 support of the ThreatX platform.
- Work with the senior management and other engineers to ensure efficacy, compatibility and performance across the ThreatX platform.
- Participate in standups, reviews and sprint kickoff activities for product releases.
- Follow the ThreatX change management process.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the ThreatX product and service.
- Support ThreatX’s commitment to create an outstanding experience for all our customers.
Denver Metro/Boston Metro/Remote
You are a DevOps Engineer who has worked embedded in a number of engineering teams, preferably in the Networking / Security / SaaS space. You have proven your ability to design and build automation, monitoring, and deployment solutions. You know what it means to succeed as a team, and at the same time take personal accountability for your efforts and results. You are motivated by challenge and driven to exceed company, team and individual goals. You love the game and you are excited about building something big and disrupting the application security space.
The DevOps Engineer will work with the engineering team in the design and development of production systems, automation, and processes. The DevOps Engineer plans how to automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev, test, and production environments. The position works with the existing server platform (Docker, Linux, Data Center / AWS Hybrid Cloud, Python, Rust), code management and deployment tools (Git, Ansible, etc.), and collaborative requirements tools to design, develop, test, and deploy solutions as required. This position will work closely with other engineers to maintain seamless integration of server-based components with the entire ThreatX platform. The ideal candidate for this position ensures architecture standards and quality delivery and security protocols are maintained and provides visibility to trends and best practices within their area of responsibility.
- Accountable for timely design, development, maintenance, and support of key components of the core ThreatX platform.
- Work within the engineering team to ensure efficacy, compatibility, and performance across the Threat X application stack.
- Work with the CTO to ensure security and compliance requirements are satisfied.
- Test and deploy platform components.
- Develop bug fixes, patches and other maintenance releases as required.
- Develop processes and procedures for the development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain documentation on the platform systems and deployment process.
- Maintain and deploy code within the designated code management tools.
- Participate in standups, status reviews and sprint kickoff activities for product releases.
- Participate as directed in product design and planning.
- Must have a strong work ethic and internal drive to thrive in our comfortable, yet unstructured environment.
- Become a master of the ThreatX product and service.
- Build rapport and develop trust with ThreatX leadership and development staff.
- Passionately support ThreatX’s commitment to create an outstanding experience for all our customers.
- BS in Computer Science / Math / Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong server management and operations skills (Docker, Linux, AWS, Data Centers / Hybrid Cloud).
- In depth Linux knowledge.
- Shell and automation scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- NoSQL/distributed database familiarity (Mongo preferred).
- Experience working with high-performance / HA systems deployment and management.
- Network/socket programming.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusted relationships.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to do what is required for success.
- Expertise in Agile development methodology.
- Expertise embedded in agile software development team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the security industry, protocols, and methods.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Knowledge of networks and Windows/UNIX/Linux/Solaris operation systems.
- Knowledge on perimeter security (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, WAF).
- Experience designing and deploying servers and workloads in a distributed, global, hybrid-cloud network.
- Recent experience deploying and provisioning both cloud workloads and bare metal servers.
Denver Metro/Boston Metro/Remote
We are looking for Lead Security Analyst to work in the ThreatX Security Operations Center. Candidate should have a track record of building a can do culture while owning and driving accountability.
As a Lead Security Analyst you will serve as a core member of the ThreatX Security Operations team. Applying candidates should have a track record of participating in team-oriented culture while owning and driving accountability. This role provides a tremendous opportunity to be at the forefront of Web Application Security, identifying new threats and making a positive impact on our customers.
Working directly with the CTO and other members of the Security Operations team, the position’s primary role is to support a growing customer base by identifying threats, performing security event investigations and producing incident responses. The role is expected to do proactive “threat hunting” in order to identify new and emerging threats, as well as provide input into product development in order to enhance current detection capabilities.
The role will also run ThreatX Labs division and participate in creating public content such as blogs and whitepapers.
- Perform reat-time monitoring for our Threat-X Web Application Firewall
- Perform deep threat analysis to improve application performance and identify new threats
- Periodic review of customer environments in order to identify threats unique to specific customers
- Direct communication with customers, including onboarding, issue management, and incident response
- Assistance in POCs and QBRs
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution for our product and service
- Conduct incident investigations, incident notifications, case tracking/management and recovery actions
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Mentor and serve as an escalation point for other Security Operations staff
- Build rapport and develop trust with Threat-X leadership and development staff
- Will be required to be on-call on a rotating basis, including outside of business hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security
- Strong knowledge of Web application functionality (GET/POST/User-Agents, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP categories: XSS, CRSF, SQLi, Directory Traversal, etc.
- Understanding of complex Web Application attacks, such as Credential Stuffing, Password Spraying, and Long Running Query
- Working knowledge of well-known networking protocols and service (TCP/IP, LDAP, Radius, IPX, NETBUI, IPSEC, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, PPTP, PPP, SBM, SNMP, RIP)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong server management and operations skills (Docker, Linux, AWS, or equivalent)
- Shell and automation scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience managing IP Networks, IDS (host and network), IPS and firewalls highly desired
- Network/socket programming desired
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusted relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Denver Metro/Boston Metro/Remote
ThreatX is looking for an experienced content marketing manager responsible for developing, implementing, and evolving a comprehensive content strategy program to drive traffic and engagement that translates into revenue and brand value.
You will be an integral member of a small but highly productive team of marketers telling an authentic story of genuine technological innovation in the security industry.
You will plan, produce, and analyze content while iteratively advancing ThreatX’s editorial vision and mission. The ideal candidate will collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet ThreatX’s overall business objectives in the most efficient manner possible. The results of your effort will attract attention, generate leads, expand ThreatX’s customer base, generate sales, increase brand awareness, and engage an online community of users.
- Plan, produce, and/or edit content for digital, print, and video content, including white papers, blogs, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, research reports, and web copy.
- Write. You can craft messages that are consistent with ThreatX’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy. You can also edit content produced by others.
- Target content to established personas using a specific set of keywords.
- Repurpose pillar content to extend its value across varied publishing media, video production, or social media.
- Continuously measure to improve future content and campaign performance; create reports leveraging Google Analytics, HubSpot, and social media analytics tools.
- Build and maintain editorial calendars and written guidelines.
- Stay current with the latest industry trends and customer challenges to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate ThreatX’s core benefits properly, consistently, and freshly.
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels.
- Manage creative resources, including designers, writers, and other agency personnel.
- Persuade others – verbally and in writing.
- Manage multiple projects and juggle priorities.
- Respond quickly in an environment of changing priorities,
- • A Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing, communications, journalism, or related discipline.
- • 6+ years of experience in content marketing or direct copywriting.
- • Strong communication skills with extensive knowledge of and passion for grammar principles, punctuation, and spelling.
- • Respect for deadlines and can perform well in a deadline-oriented environment.
- • Detailed knowledge of current online tools and marketing trends, including SEO.
- • Demonstrated ability to work productively with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity.
- • Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels.
Denver Metro/Boston Metro/Remote
ThreatX is seeking a highly motivated, experienced accountant to join its Finance team in the role of Senior Accountant. The selected candidate will lead all aspects of the Monthly/Annual General Ledger Close and will be heavily involved in monthly and annual external financial reporting and technical accounting projects. The Sr. Accountant will drive continuous improvement across all aspects of operational accounting, including monthly close, budgeting and strategic planning, and financial analysis. The candidate will play an integral part in the ThreatX’s internal management reporting, ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and accounting for equity awards. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position will also have direct exposure to the other business leaders throughout the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparation of the monthly and annual financial reporting packages for management and investors, Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flows.
- Lead the monthly and annual close process including ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, Stock Compensation, preparation of accounting reconciliations and schedules.
- Financial statement analysis, tracking financial performance against budget and forecast.
- Monthly updating of Financial Forecast for actuals and reforecasting for the remainder of the year.
- Assist in technical accounting projects under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for calculating the stock-based compensation expense.
- Responsible for overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Help manage the audit process conducted by external auditors.
- Assist external tax team with tax support and filing requests.
- Review/Manage the Staff Accountant.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, including benefits administration and setting up within our PEO platform.
- Overseeing and submitting payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years accounting experience with experience in both Public and Private Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Recent public accounting experience with Big 4 or large regional firm preferred
- Technology and SaaS industry experience strongly preferred
- Previous General Ledger experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills including: vlookup, sumifs, pivot tables, ability to effectively manipulate and organize large amounts of data
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task and re-arrange priorities as needed, monitor workflow in meeting critical deadline and project timetables
- Self-motivated, problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High Level of analytic and quantitative skills
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization
- Excellent system and computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with Quick Books Online, Avatax preferred
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be flexible and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines