Why do you need Managed DDoS protection solutions?
Savvy attackers know that they can map your applications to understand which pages or API calls consume resources such as memory, session handles, or CPU cycles. Armed with that information, they can design a sophisticated, multi-mode attack to consume resources, degrade your app’s performance, and generally muddy the waters while trying more pointed exploits. This is the outline of the modern distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) which requires DDoS protection that never sleeps!
How does ThreatX work?
ThreatX provides attack protection against complex, multi-mode attacks including API abuse, distributed botnets, and DDoS attempts by delivering real-time protection on a scalable platform. ThreatX defends organizations from many forms of modern DDoS attacks and is one of the key pillars of an attacker-centric security solution.
Our attacker-centric behavioral-based detection protects organizations from today’s increasingly prevalent Layer 7 (application-layer) DDoS attacks. ThreatX also has many customers that rely on our platform to scale and power protection against large-scale volumetric (Layer 3 and Layer 4) DDoS attacks.
ThreatX DDoS Protection solution – Key features
- Sophisticated bot detection driven by behavioral analytics, active interrogation, and application analysis
- Automated blocking driven by risk-based scoring that ensures both extremely low false positives and low false negatives
- AI and ML single risk engine that detects and correlates threats across all API and web app assets by analyzing attacker behavior
- Managed services and security operations assistance, to ensure our customers get the highest protection possible from the ThreatX platform
- Real-time detection and blocking, deployed in-line as a reverse proxy to instantly stop DDoS attacks
Comprehensive Multi Layered Protection against multiple DDoS Attack vectors
Attackers will often throw all these attack types together, into a sophisticated multi-mode attack, spanning tens of thousands of bots. You need protection that covers all the bases.
Legacy, low-level DDoS attacks, such as:
- Reflected ICMP & UDP attacks
- ICMP and Ping floods
- UDP floods
- Mixed SYN + UPD or ICP + UDP floods
- Ping of Death
- ICMP Echo attacks, aka Smurfing
Layer 3 attacks:
- TCP SYN+ACK floods
- Bulk TCP resets
- TCP ACK floods
- TCL ACK + PSH attacks
- TCP fragment attacks
Layer -7 attacks:
- HTTP flood attacks
- Connection floods
- Zero-day exploits
- CVE exploits
Behavioral attacks, including:
- Suspicious or malicious bot traffic
- Brute force
- Teardrop attacks
Why ThreatX for DDos Protection?
ThreatX uses a combination of entity analysis, active interrogation, and application analysis to distinguish bots from true human visitors. It starts by tracking an entity’s behavior across many attempts, and if activity seems suspicious, ThreatX will engage with potential threats via active interrogation techniques like injecting fake fields or tarpitting traffic to see how the threat responds.
Other detection techniques allow for detailed fingerprinting and analysis of the host, and ongoing tracking allows the ThreatX platform to differentiate legitimate machine-to-machine communication from suspicious or malicious bot traffic.
Lastly, application analysis tracks how a threat is attempting to interact with an application. To detect and protect against large-scale botnet attacks — a powerful tool in DDoS attacks — ThreatX continuously analyzes the intensity of traffic to alert staff of any significant influxes of suspicious traffic and deliver seamless but effective DDoS protection.