In our next episode of eXploring cybersecurity we navigate the intricate cosmos of the CISO’s role in the boardroom. Accompanied by CISO guests Jeff Farinich of New American Funding and Rich Lindberg of JAMS, attendees will gain valuable insights and strategies from these stellar cybersecurity leaders. Please bring and share your ideas as we want to hear your perspectives as well!
- Understanding the boardroom significance: Explore why CISOs, like Jeff Farinich and Rich Lindberg, are indispensable in steering cybersecurity initiatives aligned with business priorities.
- Strategies for boardroom effectiveness: Learn how experienced CISOs establish their presence, build relationships, and foster collaboration with other business functions.
- Translating tech jargon into business terms: Gain insights on effective communication techniques that bridge the gap between complex cybersecurity concepts and boardroom discussions.
- Overcoming challenges: Hear firsthand experiences and strategies from our guests, how they are navigating evolving threats, resource constraints, and securing executive buy-in.
- Driving meaningful metrics: Discover methodologies for establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) that demonstrate the organization’s security posture and convey the value of cybersecurity initiatives to the board.
- Creating a security culture: Explore practical approaches to foster a security-conscious mindset throughout the organization.
CISO and SVP, Technology Services, New American Funding
Jeff Farinich is a visionary Technology & Security leader with over 25 years of experience in the financial services and high-tech industry specializing in Cybersecurity, Architecture and Operations. Jeff was recruited at New American Funding in 2019 to transform IT and Security, building a security program from the ground up as the world locked down due to Covid and the mortgage industry experienced record growth. Jeff is also a member of both the Executive and Strategy C-level committees. Previously Jeff worked in various leadership roles at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union, Cisco Systems, NDS Group and other organizations.
Jeff holds Project Management Professional, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Security Manager, and Certified Information Systems Auditor certifications, plus a certificate in Computer Forensics from Cal State Fullerton. He received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, a Bachelor of Business Administration from California State Polytechnic University and attended a CIO Executive Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management while working at NDS Group, a subsidiary of News Corporation.
Jeff enjoys talking all things tech and public speaking on various cloud and security topics whenever the opportunity arises.
Rich is a 25-year cyber veteran and Practitioner, with a passion for problem-solving and helping others. Currently working as a Chief Information Security Officer for a national Legal Services firm, Leadership Community Advisory Board member, Public Speaker & Thought Leader, driving Cyber-success and positive business outcomes.